Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 85
  • Reward points : 0
2006/05/08 14:57:28 (permalink)

Tell us why you are here

We often wonder what the thousands of visitors to our website are looking for  .  .  .    Let us know!

You can either append a message to this discussion tree, or send us an email.

Thank you!

Admin
post edited by Admin - 2008/01/17 09:45:57

1567 Replies Related Threads

• Total Posts : 14704
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/05/08 17:38:21 (permalink)
    I visit because I firmly support your cause and because I enjoy become even more enlightened with the historical truths you have on your board with regard to women. It's liberating to women worldwide.

I feel one of the small ways I could aid, is engage in discussion via the message board. I think it is nourishing to discuss the truths you've put all over this site.

Signed Friend
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 85
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/05/08 17:47:14 (permalink)
    Dear Friend,

Engaging in discussion on this message board is a great help indeed!

Thanks!
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/05/09 20:01:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: AdminDear Friend,Engaging in discussion on this message board is a great help indeed!Thanks!

==========================================

Thanks administration, I will continue to post edifying posts on the message board. I hope to engage in stimulating conversations with intelligent women.

Thus far, that hasn't happened to a large degree but as said, I HOPE...:-)
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/05/13 15:47:06 (permalink)
    Hello my name is Debbie.
    I'm here because I believe that women should be priests, in this area we have some very good priests, however they do not speek out to us on there views.
    I THINK GOD WOULD BE PROUD OF HOW MANY WOMEN HEAR HIS CALL I WISH YOU GREAT LEAPS IN YOUR MOVE FORWARD
     BLESSINGS DEBBIE
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/05/13 18:05:09 (permalink)
    There will never be a move foward!!!
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/05/15 08:03:55 (permalink)
    Hi!
    I am studying for my BA in Theology. I plan to go on to get my MA in the History of the Liturgy.  I eventually want to teach at the college level so that I can continue to do research in the history of the Church.  My fascination is why we use the words we pray during our Liturgy and how does that effect what we believe about ourselves.  

Recently, I began to preside in Communion Services and was astounded at the comfort I felt in leading the prayer of that Liturgy.  The context of the Communion Service is impowering to all the people.   We are all called to be a priestly people by our baptismal rite.  It is the power of the Word, the shariing of the Eucharist, but unfortunately we, as women cannot fully share in the ritual.  We can share in the meal though. 

I found this site tonight by clicking on a link that opened this door.  I am very excited about this dialog.  I  pray that it becomes a dialog, not just by women and some of our male suppporters, but a full dialog with the Church.

As much as I would love to be ordained, I cannot leave my Church.  I find nothing that draws me to other denominations.  There is a richness that goes beyond the failings.  It is like family, a love-hate relationship.   It has been said that the Church is like a parent with Alzheimer's, it does not recognize its daughters anymore!

In Christ's Peace,
    P

That in all things, God may be glorified!

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/06/09 05:58:34 (permalink)
    I am a woman with a calling to become a priest. I want to communicate with others with the same calling. I am so happy to find this website. Rational explanations do not move me. A calling is not rational, it is Divine.  I say, "Yes!" to God. I just ask to show me how. I am waiting until my guidance comes.

Love to Everyone!
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/06/09 06:52:04 (permalink)
    I am here because for several decades others have identified me as their priest, their confessor, their preacher, and I am ready to accept that as a call to priesthood in whatever form that priesthood comes. These pages are a valuable guide to discernment and a powerful affirmation of the fact that in Christ there is no male or female.
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/06/15 18:28:13 (permalink)
    A useful and timely site.

It's unfortunate that those posting negative remarks employ insults, bad science, and/or a poor excuse for theology to give voice to their fears. Ad hominen arguments are logical fallacies.

Aquinas was a product of his times. He also had some interesting things to say about the termination of pregnancy that reflect the limited medical knowledge of his era.

By quoting the homoerotic "theology" voiced by some in Rome, the author exposes his (?) fear of women. Do you also think that women are "a near occasion of sin"? That doesn't say much for your highly evolved spirituality.
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/06/15 19:12:52 (permalink)
    Masquerading as an intellectual while writting as a philosophical and theological nit-wit will not get you very far.

It is 'ad hominem,' not 'ad hominen.'

You obviously know nothing of Aquinas.

What are you talking about by saying "homoerotic" when referring to Rome? 

Thanks for giving us all a laugh as you display your stupidity.
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/06/18 22:18:50 (permalink)
    HELLO FOLKS,  ENJOYING THIS SITE, ITS ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS ON SUCH A SENITIVE SUBJECT, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WOMEN PRIEST BEEN INVOLVED IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT FEEL IT WILL HAPPEN AS THE CHURCH IS RULE BY POWER NOT LOVE AND EQUALITY THEREFORE WE WILL NEVER SEE THE DAY , WELL NOT IN MY LIFETIME.  IF YOU LOOK AND SEE THAT ALL   R E L I G I O N S   AROUND THE GLOBE ARE DICTATED BY MEN, EVEN WITH THERE DIFFERENT GODS,  THIS WILL NEVER BE CHANGED CAUSE THEY FEAR WOMEN TO MUCH IN ANY SORT OF POSITION OF AUTHORITY.  ENJOY YOUR SPIRITUALITY AS ITS A MORE INDIVIDUAL THING, AND LIVE LIFE WITH LOVE IN YOUR HEARTS AND PEACE ON YOUR MIND, YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG WITH YOUR FREE SPIRIT.   GOD BLESS YOU ALL.    DEIRDRE MONICA MANNION, DUBLIN 13

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/06/19 21:26:19 (permalink)
    I am hopeful that in my lifetime I will see changes to the Roman Catholic church of my childhood.  I came to the web site after seeing an article in a secular newspaper about an ordination ceremony that included women and referenced the web site.  I hope to see changes, but honestly, didn't it take the Church almost 600 years to admit that Galileo shouldn't have been ex-communicated?   Not a stellar track record, right?
    Peace
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/04 15:39:37 (permalink)
    My story is unique (as all our stories are) and my journey's quest to find out how God works through my life and speaks through me has intensified, taking me places I never imagined being.  Why I found myself in the midst of the pedophilia horror in the Catholic Church is still a mystery to me, but it was nonetheless a calling that I could not deny nor would my spirit allow me to ignore it. Also, in this faith quest for wholeness and need to live my "purpose", I've found that information "finds" me when I am most ready to receive it. Thus, I find myself posting on this website (found it many months ago - a stepping stone on my path to discovery).  What I feel the need to contribute is simply that - a contribution.  I don't consider myself an authority on Scripture, and have no need to "force" my opinions onto others.  I can only hope that what I share will somehow contribute to a greater good.  

After studying and researching cause and effect of the pedophilia debaucle of the Catholic Church (over 10,000 children abused by over 4,000 priests in just the last 50 years as reported by the Bishop's Conference in Texas in 2001), it's obvious to me that total trust and/or faith in any one organization or human person of any gender was never the intention of our Creator. (And yes, I'm aware that this is a problem in other churches, organizations, etc.)  Nonetheless,  women as submissive and obedient has cost our children dearly (not to mention the human race!) and the domination of male perspective has also imprisoned men and stunted their spiritual growth in more ways than can be stated in a post.  Clearly, any real changes that will move us forward will come from  women and men who are moved by Spirit (genderless yet all encompassing of the human psyche) and speak out regardless of the constraints of the organization who try to control them.  All of us who spout off Scripture as the ONLY voice that tells of God manifesting through the human experience, sometimes forget that Wisdom is a fluid and creative Force.  In that respect, God will not be boxed into our own human constructs, nor will our Creator stop "creating" through his/her human creation. 

I am not posting on this website to incite, degrade or demonize anyone, intellectualize or "prove" anything.  I would only hope to encourage others to find, as Jesus spoke, that "The kindom of heaven is within."  Spirit works through each of us that acknowledges that Presence within, and who passes on the wisdom and truth learned from it.   As Jesus' example demonstrates over and over again, empowerment is the key to growth.  Power OVER (the hierarchal construct that every major world religion employs) has yet to come close to bringing about peace and enlightenment for ALL humans. EMpowerment (the construct that Jesus employed), on the other hand, blurs the line of our differences but accentuates each of our separate gifts and talents needed to complete the mission Jesus initiated.

Should women be priestesses in the Catholic Church?  I guess my response would be to first take a look at the God that we claim is manifesting through us: "God is Love. They who abide in Love abide in God, and God in them." "Love is patient, Love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but always rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres...Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth." 

"God IS love. They who abide in love, abide in God and God in them."  Whoever lives this truth IS ordained by God, with God and through God - it is not necessary to be ordained a man/woman of God by any earthly ritual or design created by humans.  It would seem to me that to continue with a hierarchy (one having power over another) that simply includes women, is still not addressing the problem of exclusion, self-righteousness, judgementalism and lust for power that brought us to this point.  Jesus breathed inclusivity, humility, non-judgement and EMpowerment into all his teachings that applied to men and women alike.  In light of this, why is the question of ordaining women even an issue? Shouldn't women have always been revered as equals in Spirit, their Wisdom called upon, their leadership seen as integral?  Conversely, why is it that men need this ritual type of "ordination" and the worldly power it gives, to feel validated by God to begin with? Wasn't it Paul who said, "We are all one in Christ, neither man nor woman."? 

Do I have the "right" answers to all of these questions?  I would never assume that I do, but we ARE encouraged to "Seek and we shall find."  How is it possible to seek without questioning, to move forward without change?  And it goes without saying, that to demonize men or to ignore their
    incredible contributions to the betterment of humanity is not (and should not be) the intent or the purpose of this "shift in consciousness."  This would not encourage growth, but would again inhibit it.   In addition,  when women become the subject of their own lives rather than being defined by the roles set by men's standards, and are encouraged to "hear" and live out their calling, all of us will grow infinitesmally.  It saddens me to hear so many voices of women pleading to be heard, when the world and their church so desperately need what they have to give.

Peace,

A Voice

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/05 14:52:11 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Guest

HELLO FOLKS,  ENJOYING THIS SITE, ITS ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS ON SUCH A SENSITIVE SUBJECT, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WOMEN PRIEST BEEN INVOLVED IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT FEEL IT WILL HAPPEN AS THE CHURCH IS RULE BY POWER NOT LOVE AND EQUALITY THEREFORE WE WILL NEVER SEE THE DAY , WELL NOT IN MY LIFETIME.  IF YOU LOOK AND SEE THAT ALL   R E L I G I O N S   AROUND THE GLOBE ARE DICTATED BY MEN, EVEN WITH THERE DIFFERENT GODS,  THIS WILL NEVER BE CHANGED CAUSE THEY FEAR WOMEN TO MUCH IN ANY SORT OF POSITION OF AUTHORITY.  ENJOY YOUR SPIRITUALITY AS ITS A MORE INDIVIDUAL THING, AND LIVE LIFE WITH LOVE IN YOUR HEARTS AND PEACE ON YOUR MIND, YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG WITH YOUR FREE SPIRIT.   GOD BLESS YOU ALL.    DEIRDRE MONICA MANNION, DUBLIN 13

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/05 15:50:57 (permalink)
    '  CLOSER TO GOD IN PRAYER  '  -  I THINK WE MUST REMEMBER THAT EACH AND EVERYONE OF US HAS A SPECIAL AND INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD,  AND IN MANY WAYS THIS INTIMACY CAN BE OVERLOOKED AND FORGOTTEN WITH THE EVERYDAY LIFE WE LEAD IN TODAYS WORLD, IN WHICH MOST OF US ARE CAUGHT UP IN THE MATERIAL SIDE OF THINGS.   WHEN WE LOSE THIS INTIMACY WITH GOD WE LOSE OUR SELF CONTROL AND FIND IT HARD TO APPROACH HIM IN PRAYER.  WE CAN ALL BE GUILTY OF DOING THIS AND FIND OTHER AVENUES TO EXPLORE THEN.   IN 2004, I MYSELF WAS GUILTY OF THIS WHEN I CHOOSE TO LEAVE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH FOR MANY REASONS AT THE TIME BUT FOR THIS WHOLE YEAR, I ALSO FELT A GREAT LOST, SADDNESS AND PAIN, AND EVEN MORE GUILT THAN I ORIGINALLY WOULD HAVE THOUGHT EVER.  I EVENTUALLY WENT BACK TO CHURCH IN MAY 2005 AND REALIZE THAT I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT THE CHURCH, AS RELIGION WAS ALWAYS AN IMPORTANT PART OF MY LIFE AND MY FAMILY.   MOST IMPORTANT I FOUND WHEN WE LOSE OUR RELIGION WE CAN LOSE APART OF OURSELVES AND CAN DISTANCE OURSELVES FROM GOD.  PRAYER FOR ME IS LIKE ' A BRIDGE' WE CAN GREET GOD AND HIM LIKEWISE TO US.  I ALWAYS FEEL CLOSER TO HIM WHEN I PRAY JUST LIKE A SIMPLE HEART-TO-HEART CONVERSATION WITH YOUR MUM OR BEST PAL.  OUR DAILY LIFE SHOULD BE MORE LIKE THAT BRIDGE , SO WE CAN GET CLOSER TO HIM AND NEVER FORGET THAT HE IS ALWAYS CLOSE BY.  ' REMAIN FAITHFUL TO MOTHER CHURCH AND THE TRADITION. '  BLESS YOU .   DEIRDRE M. MANNION,  DUBLIN 13
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/05 16:13:47 (permalink)
    '  NUN FOR ME  '   -    WOMEN PRIESTS WOULD BE A HEAVENLY THING AND A BENEFIT FOR ALL, I MYSELF HAVE ALWAYS FELT A STRONG CALLING TO THE NUNS AND NOT THE PRIESTHOOD.   IS THERE A GREAT DEAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO I ASK MYSELF mmm.....???  NOW AT THE AGE OF THIRTY-FIVE I FEEL JUST AS STRONG AS I DID WHEN I WAS FIFTEEN ,  BUT ONE THING STANDS IN MY WAY OF THAT COMMITMENT!!  I MYSELF WOULD LOVE CHILDREN AND WHAT GREATER GIFT THROUGH GOD COULD I HAVE.   DEIRDRE M. MANNION
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/18 20:26:16 (permalink)
    OKAY
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/20 21:03:28 (permalink)
    I think this site is great and it is always nice to hear from other women who have a strong call for the priesthood, i think GOD would be proud and would welcome this change.  The Church needs to move forward.  Keep up the great work!!!  Marie L. Sanche, Madrid, Spaid.
    RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/21 05:18:55 (permalink)
    I came to this site to have a good laugh! 
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
    Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
      Enter the random characters shown
    Submit Post
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research