Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Tell us why you are here

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
  • Total Posts : 14706
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/21 16:47:43 (permalink)
Well guest,  may the laugh be with you in life, as i take your life is one of a fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/21 17:25:18 (permalink)
The laugh is on you with your ignorance.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/21 17:35:38 (permalink)
Ignorance?!? Here?!? NEVER!!! Provided that you take away all the teachings of the Church.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/22 01:44:30 (permalink)
Take it easy! And, concerning ignorance, I already know what I need to know: that "the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful." (Ordinatio Sacerdotalis, 4)
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/22 16:40:47 (permalink)
Hate in ones heart is only the work of the devil, so i suggest all the women-haters to go and play with fire,  and by the way the bible was not written by GOD.  Why do men fear women so much?????????????  ahhhh will your power be taken away then!!  GOD is love, equality, peace and trust i suggest that you my dear guest should practice these qualities, and yes i do think you are ignorant amount alot in life.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/22 16:45:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Guest

I came to this site to have a good laugh at myself, but i learn so much more now, ah im only messing i really enjoy this site and i think it would be a positive thing for the church to have women priest as women would offer so much more.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/22 16:48:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Guest

Hi!
I am studying for my BA in Theology. I plan to go on to get my MA in the History of the Liturgy.  I eventually want to teach at the college level so that I can continue to do research in the history of the Church.  My fascination is why we use the words we pray during our Liturgy and how does that effect what we believe about ourselves.  

Recently, I began to preside in Communion Services and was astounded at the comfort I felt in leading the prayer of that Liturgy.  The context of the Communion Service is impowering to all the people.   We are all called to be a priestly people by our baptismal rite.  It is the power of the Word, the shariing of the Eucharist, but unfortunately we, as women cannot fully share in the ritual.  We can share in the meal though. 

I found this site tonight by clicking on a link that opened this door.  I am very excited about this dialog.  I  pray that it becomes a dialog, not just by women and some of our male suppporters, but a full dialog with the Church.

As much as I would love to be ordained, I cannot leave my Church.  I find nothing that draws me to other denominations.  There is a richness that goes beyond the failings.  It is like family, a love-hate relationship.   It has been said that the Church is like a parent with Alzheimer's, it does not recognize its daughters anymore!

In Christ's Peace,
pauline, dublin 24

That in all things, God may be glorified!

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/22 22:00:10 (permalink)
In calling only men as his Apostles, Christ acted in a completely free and sovereign manner. In doing so, he exercised the same freedom with which, in all his behaviour, he emphasized the dignity and the vocation of women, without conforming to the prevailing customs and to the traditions sanctioned by the legislation of the time. Consequently, the assumption that he called men to be apostles in order to conform with the widespread mentality of his times, does not at all correspond to Christ's way of acting. "Teacher, we know that you are true, and teach the way of God truthfully, and care for no man; for you do not regard the position of men" (Mt 22:16). (cf. Mulieris Dignitatem, 26)

"
I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful." (cf. Ordinatio Sacerdotalis, 4)

"
This religious submission of mind and will must be shown in a special way to the authentic magisterium of the Roman Pontiff, even when he is not speaking ex cathedra; that is, it must be shown in such a way that his supreme magisterium is acknowledged with reverence, the judgments made by him are sincerely adhered to, according to his manifest mind and will." (cf. Lumen Gentium, 25)

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/24 11:28:48 (permalink)
DA VINCI CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT THEN.??  HIDDEN TRUTHS!!
Britt
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/07/27 20:41:24 (permalink)
Hi,
I am here because I am an MA student in sociology.  I am writing about the women's ordination movement.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/02 04:52:30 (permalink)
Since married priests are the norm in our ukrainian catholic church, we see no need for any discussion of women as priests to fill a shortage.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/02 20:13:47 (permalink)
I am a man in my fifties and would welcome women priest, I do not fear women at all and I personally think they would offer alot more to the Church and her followers. I feel it is not a question just on what the church needs, it is what the people want and need,  if women feel called to the priesthood it should be allow and accepted .  Male priest should not be allow to married, as their vow of celibacy is sacred and they our married to GOD and Mother Church only, no- one else!!  so this is why it will be never introduce to the Catholic Church, were as women priests would be a greater benifit for the Church as our children would be in safer hands and i feel alot more people could talk and relate to them more.  May the Catholic Church open its eyes soon.  Christopher Hannon. Dublin 7
Im here because i have the calling. Im a member but i changed my email to naturegirl213@ve 2006/08/03 05:06:00 (permalink)

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/04 13:00:36 (permalink)
Well i think the Ukrainins have alot of things wrong in their country anyway, there is so much hidden in Eastern Europe, and alot of the men are evil in there own way anyway.!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/04 18:42:58 (permalink)
No, no, Eastern Rite priests can be married. (They can't marry once they're ordained, however). Priest celibacy is a matter of discipline (thus, changeable); priesthood reserved to men is a matter of doctrine (thus, infallibly defined and unchangeable).
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/06 15:01:38 (permalink)
If that is then the case in Ukrainian about priest been able to married, then they are not real priest belonging to the Catholic Church, as married priest is not accepted, and the Pope does not accept this and never will . The Eastern Europe countries are a law on their own, they are all alittle wierd up there anyway.  So who cares what they say, it doesnt count for anything!!!!!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/07 03:22:56 (permalink)
No, no, they're in full communion with the Pope. They're just another rite. Most Catholics belong to the Latin rite; there are many others (Byzantine, Maronite, Siro-Malabar, Siro-Malankar, just from the top of my head). They're fully Catholic, just as any Latin rite Catholic. The Pope does accept this. In fact, the Code of Canon Law of the Eastern Churches says:
Clerical celibacy chosen for the sake of the kingdom of heaven and suited to the priesthood is to be greatly esteemed everywhere, as supported by the tradition of the whole Church; likewise, the hallowed practice of married clerics in the primitive Church and in the tradition of the Eastern Churches throughout the ages is to be held in honor. (cf. Code of Canons of the Eastern Churches, 373)
And, by the way, their liturgy is awesome. You could check it out.

RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/07 22:29:55 (permalink)
Dude/Dudette...you should give it up, these morons will never accept truth. The simple reason is that they are too mentally slow to "get it." They do not care about truth, only their agendas. They want you to accept their lesbo/homo/masturbation/abortion/women priests/radical feminist agenda, and they will stop at nothing...even to the point of stupidity.

I'm here to "observe" retardation at it's finest.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/08 03:28:35 (permalink)
Sic non est voluntas ante Patrem vestrum, qui in caelis est, ut pereat unus de pusillis istis. -- In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/11 19:43:09 (permalink)
i came to this sight because of a recent article on EWTM about an woman in a mock ordination in Wisconsin.  I wanted some background.  She like another in Austria chose to do it in a boat.  Why a boat, I wouldn't know. 

I don't think that women can't be priests because it is no more natural than a woman cooking at a barbeque.  Don't laugh.  There is just something wrong with the idea of a woman offering a blood sacrifice.  As a former pagan I see the imagery in Christianity is fascinating.  The idea of a pregnant woman offering a sacrifice is very aesthetically unsettling.   Men, knives, blood animals, altars and fire are very appropriate images to evoke but for some reason, women with those same things is simply odd.  Male and female dance parts in ballet are not interchangeable.  II don't think it is merely a cultural norm, I think that its pretty much about the nature of things and their imprint beyond  the shadows of a cave.

Frankly, I don't believe that the Catholic Church is likely to change their ways and women who seek ordination ought to go to the Church of England, and do it quickly while it still around. 

TSNYUNT@YAHOO.COM
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
  Enter the random characters shown
Submit Post
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research