Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Tell us why you are here

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
  • Total Posts : 14705
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/12 15:32:34 (permalink)
First of all, I uphold the Church's teaching in that women can never be ordained, it simply wasn't Christ's intention.

However, I must say that the last post seems to have been written by a seven year old. I hope English isn't your first language.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/13 12:36:38 (permalink)
Christ has no problem with women, it is backward men that fear women that have this problem, so stop the hate and get on with life, as i see there is a lot of fools coming on this site that having got any idea what they our talking about, and as for the Ukrainians priests been married the Pope does not acknowledge these priests as their own, your on a different level my dear friend!!!!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/13 20:01:23 (permalink)
I came to this site because I found the idea very disturbing. I have been a Catholic all my life, and in my point of view, for a woman to ever think they could become priests when the Pope does not permit it is very insane. The Pope was entrusted by Jesus to "bind and loose" on earth, so that means whatever the Pope says, is allowed by Christ Himself! so if a faithful goes against that, he goes against Christ!
 The Eucharist is the Body of Christ, and to ever think that a person is worthy to hold it means one has spiritual pride! Think of the Saints who were humble enough to always think of themselves as unworthy of beholding Jesus! Please understand that Jesus did not ordain the Blessed Virgin to be His priest when she was with the disciples, when He could have done that. A woman is not treated inferior in the Catholic Church! Not at all! they are just called to a different function! Please understand that Christ does not want any division inside the Church. There is already too many problems inside the Church, I hope this case will end soon so as not to add up to the confusion of the faithful. If one wants to be a woman priest, I think other Churches are willing to accomodate women priests, like the Episcopalian Church.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/13 20:41:00 (permalink)
Are you aware there was a woman Pope once, thats a fact, so if you are saying that Christ instructs the Pope to what gos in the church, well Christ once allow a female Pope once and therefore would have no problem with women sharing priesthood with men, I think its some men having the problem here as they do not want to lose any control or power in the church or society.  Surely if you feel that God would want you to do his work, gender should not be the issue here then, just unity. To all the quotes from the Bible that are been mention here all this did not all come from Christ , surely you all know this by now, that Christ did not write the Bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   FEAR = IGNORANCE
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/13 21:01:02 (permalink)
Then fear= Spiritual Pride

For a person to ever assume the role of priesthood when it is clearly not permitted is spiritual pride. Preisthood should be a vocation that has a noble purpose. It isn't about seizing power. Women who wanted to be ordained must have thought that men are maintaining their stand just because of power? then the priesthood is clearly not for women.... for them to think of such malicious intentions means they themselves have thought of that! Just obey one's superiors.... that is the virtue of obedience!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/13 21:15:05 (permalink)
I still maintain that priesthood is designated for men only. God made male and female as equal. But did anybody ever wonder why females are the only ones God made to give birth? Why can't men give birth too? Does that mean God discriminates men? And why is it that God made Jesus a male? why didn't God make Him a female? Not one could truly understand God's nature. I hope the issue of the ordination of women as priests would end soon.   
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 03:48:39 (permalink)
There was a "Popess"? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not related, but that reminded me of the sister Assumpta sketch, of the Father Ted's series... Anyone remember it? It was SO funny!!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 05:15:27 (permalink)
Being "Reborn" is what spirituality is all about. Both men and women are capable of causing people to be reborn - there is no male or female in heaven. This is why they are both able to be ministers/ordained.

Spiritual birth is not sexual. It does not come from sex, and it is not the property or power of sex. Jesus as human was not the product of sex.

Are you also going to accept worldwide supremacy of Jews because Jesus was Jewish?

I found this website because I did a search on the Internet for Bibles that use the female pronoun instead of male. Reason being is that I want to be focusing on what GOD is trying to teach me, being a woman, when I read "he", I am never thinking of myself but the strange megalomanical patriarchy that has emerged.

God requires no meglomania. Salvation which is far more powerful is a choice to be made, we are to convert not force people. So why would God force anything of far lesser value, which has never saved anyone's soul - that is patriarchy - and make that a megalomaniacal condition to be forced on the world? One meglomania leads to many others and embittered fighting with the other meglomaniacs of the world.

The rewards of faith, love, charity, mercy are in heaven. No one is rewarded in heaven for sexual dominance or submission, because sex has never existed in heaven. Only what we do on earth by faith, love, hope, and charity, and mercy will be rewarded in heaven.

Paul talks about himself like a woman travailing through birth pangs again and again for the same men who became reborn through him because they forget basic teachings, breast feeding his converts rather than giving them solid food because they cannot take the "meat" of the Gospel. He did not find it shameful and humiliating to spiritually become female - and this was probably very shocking to the readers of his time and age. He found it far more easier to do this single out of his own will than actually being married to a woman. But the priests of today are not so advanced. Men talk about being pregnant today when their wives are, but they never talk about a personal spiritual experience of it, because unlike Paul, they are still horrified and ashamed of being so closely related to the feminine.

Men read "he" "his" ect., so that they think that the Bible is specifically applying itself to them, teaching them to think about men alone being the actors in all situations - to ignore women in purposeful work. It gives the idea of divinity closely associated with the masculine but the feminine not there - a distant apart - not involved.

Sex is a duality - there are only two kinds of sex. Dualities are always acted upon by Balance - it is the principle that ensures or keeps their existence. Without Balance no duality could exist. When Balance acts upon a duality, the various qualities in either side of the Balance are interchangeable. This has an analogy in the equations of physics and math. The interchangeability gives rise to different ideas of gender and sex roles, but the basic duality of male and female acted upon by Balance is eternal. This is a 2 in 1, that is the "one flesh" of marriage, whereas the Holy Trinity is a 3 in 1. Even where there is not marriage, by misogyny, megalomanical patriarchy, the Balance between masculine and feminine is asserted by Balance which is omnipotent and omnipresent over all true dualities - you can see the duality of sex, but not the power of Balance over them and often not how balance resolves such things as oppression.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 10:44:13 (permalink)
I rest my case R.I.P.     FEAR = IGNORANCE  with some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 10:48:37 (permalink)
Well said guest on the 14-8, 5.15.  There are few fools coming on the site that actually having got a clue about anything in life and they have to much fear in their hearts for any positive change within the Church.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 11:38:12 (permalink)
Unfortunately some people are truely spiritually dead!!    These are the same people that will believe everything they read and what their told, no minds of their own, sad really !! they should just let others lead their lives they way they choose them to be.  
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 11:40:53 (permalink)
IS'NT THEN PRIDE ONE OF THE DEADLY SINS WE CAN HOLD!!!!!!!!!!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 13:49:26 (permalink)
The Catholic Church is a madhouse. Endless fighting about who should lead the church, why can't they just live in peace and harmony? As an Islam, I think the Catholic church will be crushed down as long as there are people who causes confusion in their church. I am a former Christian and now that I see Catholics fighting Catholics, it is only clear what the Catholic Church is all about... that evil is in their midst. Why can't these women just put up another church where they could minister? Why insist on being a priest in a church where they are not recognized? If they are disobeying their superiors' commands now, why do they still want to be a member of that Church? It is illogical, why don't they disobey the Pope altogether. For surely, once this request of theirs would be given, another demand would arise  one after another, like marriage of priests and disregard celibacy, homosexuality, lesbianism, same sex marriage.... even contraceptives will follow, and then sin after sin as time goes on until the long kept tradition of the church is no longer in existence and recognizable. I admire catholicism in that aspect since for 2 thousand years they maintained this tradition, but now that it's slowly being forced to change, I am thankful that I changed my religion. I hope I will not live long enough to see this beautiful tradition changed. I thought of returning to Christianity and into the cradle of the Catholic Church that was the home of scholarly fathers, but now that I saw how the church is in chaos, I am thankful I didn't make a move yet.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 16:17:32 (permalink)
Hey! Hey! Hey! The Church isn't being forced to change. Come on!!! Nobody really believes there will be changes like the ones you mention (priestesses, contraception, disregarding celibacy...). You won't live to see holy Tradition change because it won't change! The teachings we have received from our Savior will be kept free from corruption until the end of time!

I have to say, and it's painful to say, that when you left your faith behind you chose to forgot that Jesus our Lord is in charge of this Church. You think of the Church in human terms -- like if she was mere work of man. She's not.

The Catholic Church is a madhouse... I do concede that. From the outside, we seem to be lunatics who worship a Crucified Man. Come back to the madhouse :)
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 16:52:54 (permalink)
Hey thats rich coming from an Islam, whats your religion all about but evil!!!!!!!!!! oppression, suicide bombers and so on yeah thats really a great message, serious now we are all losing the run of ourself here on this site, its just nag after nag comment.  JUST LIVE LIFE IN HARMONY AND DO NO HARM TO EACH OTHER WHAT EVER YOUR STATUS OR RELIGION IS IN LIFE.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 16:58:07 (permalink)
HEY HEY HEY MISTER HEY, you mention corruption from our saviour thats cool, i think we will all buy that one, but what about the corruption within our Catholic Church at the moment, ohh and by the way which is all run by men!!!!!!! how will we deal with that, why do you think that most of the Irish public no longer have a great view about the Church and no longer attend mass? 
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 17:02:18 (permalink)
I think all religions our abit mad anyway, run by Hitlers r Musilini, there is good and bad in all, and we need to accept certains things will change in Church only for the good for all.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/14 17:13:00 (permalink)
And Islam do not  fight then, what a joke!!  No-one reallly know the truth about anything, untill we ourself will meet our maker, and then we shall find the reall truth.  Were there is a human need , there will always be money made from this, and therefore all Religion is guilty for preying on people faith/needs, and power will always be apart of this. Women Priests/Men priests , who cares? once we live our lives in peace together....... if only!  
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/15 16:51:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Guest

Hey! Hey! Hey! The Church isn't being forced to change. Come on!!! Nobody really believes there will be changes like the ones you mention (priestesses, contraception, disregarding celibacy...). You won't live to see holy Tradition change because it won't change! The teachings we have received from our Savior will be kept free from corruption until the end of time!

I have to say, and it's painful to say, that when you left your faith behind you chose to forgot that Jesus our Lord is in charge of this Church. You think of the Church in human terms -- like if she was mere work of man. She's not.

The Catholic Church is a madhouse... I do concede that. From the outside, we seem to be lunatics who worship a Crucified Man. Come back to the madhouse :)

I am relieved to know that the Catholic will not change its tradition. Otherwise, I would doubt Catholicism if ever there will be, as a teenage Islam, it is just natural for me to question the purpose of life and what I should believe in, and though I am an Islam, I look up to the Catholics because they have a strong foundation of faith, but I think it's a bit shaky nowadays. I just hope that those who wanted to change the church would be ashamed of themselves, because the tradition have existed for thousands of years, long before they were born. So they have no right to change the tradition that in the first place, their God, Jesus had commanded. For the women who wanted to be priests, I still ask the question why they won't leave the Church... they no longer have any reason to put themselves under the Pope's authority because they are questioning his decision about dismissing women to be ordained. So why still stay and not make a new church where they could minister? As far as I could remember, I read an article in school, it's a Catholic book written centuries ago. I hope my father won't reprimand me for reading such materials, anyway, it said that the Church and its traditions should not change because no authority on earth could change it. I think the Pope could bind and loose... but he could not and does not have the authority to overthrow or overwrite it, otherwise it would be equal to going against the tradition that have existed for 2 milleniums. Tradition, according to that book is a tradition that the Holy Spirit had inspired, I really can't believe such doctrine, but I admit I am inspired somehow that I thought of joining the Catholics. I was a Christian before and not a Catholic, though I was born an Islam (My parents doesn't know that I have joined such organizations), my soul was inspired by the lives of the saints, where they lived in the Church where it believed in the old traditions of Catholicism, that is why, I didn't want the Church those great men and even women believed in to change. Please, think about the chaos you're causing and the harm you are doing to the church. The women who are fighting for priesthood of women must understand that they are only harming the church and not helping it. They just make the Church's appearance and reputation a madhouse. (forgive me for the word) but as an individual outside the church, I think you are just making people's conversion an impossibility due to your futile debate about the whole thing!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2006/08/15 17:05:32 (permalink)
I pray hard that Islam will end all its evil ways of thinking!!!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
  Enter the random characters shown
Submit Post
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research