Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Tell us why you are here

Page: << < ..76777879 > Showing page 78 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
  • Total Posts : 14706
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/16 17:23:18 (permalink)
I came back to reread and reflect on some previous posts that I had made in conversation with someone...but they were gone.  I'm quite surprised...and am wondering who decides to delete certain posts....and why.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/17 05:30:10 (permalink)
Is that Betsy?  I think your posts are still here.  There are also lots of strands in this website, so are you referring to other parts of this that you posted on?  It takes a while to get the navigation of this as there are lots of strands to it. 
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/20 23:02:41 (permalink)
A major report has come out of Ireland that since 1930 onwards, priests beat, raped, sodomized, starved children during decades of abuse in Catholic run institutions, orphanages, reformatory schools, industrial schools in Ireland.  The official report stopped short of naming the perpetrators, why is that?  Why would priests and Christian brothers be exempt from being arrested when any other pedophile criminal would be named and convicted.  The Roman Catholic Church should not get away with these horrific crimes.  They keep on happening too.  Unquestioned authority, unaccountability is harmful and dangerous, especially to our  most vulnerable , children and youths.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/24 11:07:48 (permalink)
From the totalitarian point of view, history is something to be created rather than learned. A totalitarian state is in effect a theocracy, and its ruling caste, in order to keep its position, has to be thought of as infallible.

- George Orwell
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/28 13:02:47 (permalink)
The recent book by Archbishop Rembert G. Weakland called a Pilgim In A Pilgrim Church, Memoirs of a Catholic Archbishop shows us a lot about John Paul II and Ratzinger. 

Please read the NCRonline.org review of his book. 

It has an excerpt that shows a grunting Pope JPII who refuses to discuss married priests, women clergy, or any solution to the continuing loss of priests.  It also shows the shabby treatment of the bishop who led the study that found there is no biblical reason not to ordain women.  JPII repeatedly tried to silence this bishop and tried denying him the auxiliary bishop role in U.S.A. because this bishop, Sklba, told the truth that there is no reason not to ordain women and there is reason biblically to ordain women.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/28 20:43:56 (permalink)
Catholic Church Chat About Pope JPII, BXVI, Women

The Catholic Church Lady is pondering the fact it would have been lovely and helpful indeed if Archbishop Weakland had published his book back in 1982 instead of 2008.  His book, dear lambs of God, is called A Pigrim In a Pilgrim Church: The Memoirs of An Archbishop.  Weakland  wrote about his encounters with the pope in Rome, and it was no "Roman Holiday" to put it mildly, meaning that PJPII has such disdain for the Audrey Hepburns of the world, the pope grunted whenever he was asked a difficult question on a topic of the church that he refused to discuss or be informed about.  When the pope was asked about married priests, or women as priests, or stopping his mistreatment of married priests, the pope grunted.

Is it not lovely to have such an articulate and sophisticated, cultured guy as the pope, John Paul II, the "will not discuss, will not listen" Grunt-Man.  The Grunt Pope.  Holy Blessed Virgin Mary she must be stomping on that snake beneath her feet, praying lots of novenas, shedding tears  over such a pope as he was. 

Then Pope JPII was beleaguring the fellow who headed up the bishops, his name is Sklba, God Bless Him, Dear Soul, Dear Scholar, who had the gumption to actually read the Bible!  This study group found out there was no bible proof against women doing the Mass for us pew people.  Not only that,  Bishop Sklba and group found out : yes the bible does allow women to be our priests too.  JPII was so mad at that he kept making Sklba do rewrites, trying to get him to renounce the conclusions of what was in the Bible regarding women and the ministry, the priesthood.  The Grunting I WIll Not Listen, I Will Not Dialogue About Anything, PJPII, NO Women, No Women! John Paul II.

Too bad these remarkable insights were not shared with us in the 1980's about what really went on in the Sistene Chapel and the Roman Basilica with John Paul II.  Weakland tried to talk about the need for collegiality of the pope with the bishops....  then JPII did some more angry grunting.  Like that will ever happen!  Collegiality from Mr. My Way Or The Highway JPII and now BXVI.

Much unholy days of dishonor and scandal to follow all the days of JPII papacy and since, much scandals piling up around this Grunting, Won't Listen, Won't dialogue Pope.  Hmmm is the current pope , more of the same?
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/28 20:55:19 (permalink)
Oops the book's called a Pilgrim in A Pilgrim's Church!  The Catholic Church Chat Lady got her rosary beads all tangled up in the computer keyboard, my dear ones. 

Your friendly and sad, so sad, Catholic Church Lady is kind of upset at the wily and bad Christian Brothers of Ireland who made a deal to not get their wicked priests and brothers  named or charged, that abused thousands of Irish orphans and schoolchildren.  

Pilgrim In A Pilgrim's Church.  That is the name of his book that gives us some insight into the machinations in Rome. 

A scandal a day with the Roman Catholic Church!  Secrets!  Cover-Ups!  Nasty Deals Made!  Priests who Too Many Times Embezzle or Are Pedophiles!  Popes who Allow, Hide, Ignore, Cover-Up The Crimes!  Silence, Ignore, Cheat the Victims!   The JPII Legacy Continues!
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/28 22:45:36 (permalink)
The legacy actually dates all the way back to Constantinian, and the machinations in Rome are really only the same classic machinations of empire that they have always been. Everybody in town may well regard the Irish Christian Brothers as wily and bad for silencing and covering up awful wrongdoing, but they saw themselves as faithful brave knights who were defending the empire from scandal.  Such is the mindset of empire.  It is a very old legacy, going all the way back to the empire that was Rome, when the Church was established as the new state religion to promote and serve the empire, and serve as the emperor's p.r. department. 

It is a wonderful noble thing when people come together and pray and do good works to benefit all people in the name of Christ.  It is not a wonderful noble thing when people attempt to build an empire, claiming that empire is the sole representation of Christ on earth, and claiming to act with the authority of Christ on earth.  The latter is quite sacreligious and pretty much the equivalent of building and worshipping a golden calf instead of God.

Please do not be so sad, dear Catholic Church Lady.  The golden calf aspect of Christianity has dropped a lot of steaming piles of sacred cow poo lately, for sure, but what else would one expect from a golden calf?  If not for the steaming piles of sacred cow poo, how else would people ever learn the difference between what is of God and what is of sacred cow?  The steaming piles of sacred cow poo are a gift from God making it easy for us to differentiate God from such false gods as we have created.

woman who votes with feet

RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/29 12:05:48 (permalink)
Dear Woman Who Votes With Her Feet

Oh dear Woman of Wisdom  and all the Wise Women and Wise Men and yes, Virginia, there really are more than Three Wise Men (John Wijngaards, Leonard Boff, Hans Kung, Scheelbeecxs for starters).   I raise my Rosary Beads in salute to you.

However, I qualify the bovine cattle , the ALL Male ""Celibate"" Vatican Clergy Club is Unsacred BULL Poo and please let us be clear on that.  Unsacred BULL poo.  Let us not please insult sacred cows.  Unsacred Bull poo.

The  guilty Irish Christian Brothers are not in my opinion, Knights  of any empire really or noble  just scheming to not get named and prosecuted for the horrendous sexual abuse, assault, neglect of Irish orphans and Irish schoolchildren their Brothers and priests abused from 1930 to 1990.  Preventing justice and disclosure, being secretive and slimy.  Yes propping up the Empire of the Roman Unsacred Bull Poo club. Allright, you do have knowledge and detect accurately the essence of the stench of that Roman Empire there and understand them very well.  Wise as always, oh woman who votes!

Yes you are right that Roman Catholic clerics have been abusing children, especially boys for thousands of years, with even the castrata, boys castrated for choir singing and kept around the priests' quarters and at the Vatican as late as 1956.  Too long a history of abusing children instead of protecting children.  Many millstones belong around the necks of so many Roman Catholic clerics.

The Catholic Church Lady tips her Church hat to you and wants to sit the Pope down on the Catholic Church Chat couch for a very serious Catholic Church Chat, no Grunting allowed.  Yikes, Pope JPII was sure the typical Caveman Knuckle Dragging Type, okay you're right again, a true product of totalitarian communist control and repression of others in the Roman Catholic Church.  Silencing, destroying anyone who thought or opposed him.  Resemblance to Jesus: Zero.  Jesus is a big fan of dialogue, women, children, compassion, justice,  letter of love not law.

My husband belongs to the Church of Monday Night Football now.  When my teenagers go on Youtube they certainly do not watch videos of the pope .

Hmmmm, the pope loves Mozart and Latin singing at mass. Interesting. 

Shopping malls use classical music like Mozart to drive the teenagers out of the mall. 
Pope Ben XVI what are you thinking?   The Catholic Church Lady is saying many novenas now.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/29 22:59:09 (permalink)

However, I qualify the bovine cattle , the ALL Male ""Celibate"" Vatican Clergy Club is Unsacred BULL Poo and please let us be clear on that.  Unsacred BULL poo.  Let us not please insult sacred cows.  Unsacred Bull poo.

Well yes, you are of course absolutely right... it would be bull poo... or b.s. for short.
I'm sure the golden calf wasn't a cow either.  Sigh.  Yet we've done it again.

Actually the Mozart seems oddly fitting.  I am thinking of the Requiem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-kJVmEWWV8&feature=related
I would have loved to have seen what Jimi Hendrix or Led Zepplin or Metallica could have done with the Requiem on electric guitars.  After 2 world wars we still haven't learned that empire building plants the seeds of our own destruction, and that the Requiem is the song of our age of falling false gods, those of the Church included.
If Jimi Hendrix were alive to do a decent send up of Requiem.... it would be top of the charts right now.

RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/05/29 23:14:24 (permalink)
Perhaps Trans Siberian Orchestra would be a good rock band for doing Requiem, they did a wonderful rock send up on
"O Fortuna" sufficient to impress any modern teenager with the overwhelming power of classical music, and it too is another song of falling false gods befitting our modern era:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mldx0kkIiNA&feature=related

RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/06/02 03:59:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Guest

Oops the book's called a Pilgrim in A Pilgrim's Church! 

Catholic conservatives are now blaming liberals like Weakland for all the sexual promiscuity and molestation in the Church.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/06/02 09:43:09 (permalink)
Rembert Weakland does not strike me as a stellar leading light.  He stole money from his parish to pay for the silence of his lover.

RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/06/02 23:19:22 (permalink)
I agree he is not a stellar light due to what you describe.  However, he has offered to us a picture of the machinations of Rome and what the pope is like.
RE: Tell us why you are here 2009/06/03 02:21:28 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Guest

I agree he is not a stellar light due to what you describe.  However, he has offered to us a picture of the machinations of Rome and what the pope is like.

The problem is that anything he may say about the Pope can be brought into question because of his demonstrated lack of integrity.
Re: Tell us why you are here 2014/02/24 20:47:15 (permalink)
I have come to this site because I am interested in the subject. Although I am a man I believe that women should play an equal part in the life of the Church and this means at every level and in every function therefore the priesthood should be open to both men and women, married or single, gay or straight.

John
Re: Tell us why you are here 2014/02/26 09:55:31 (permalink)
I am here because I believe that this future Synod on the family can bring about very many good changes to the teaching of the Church as it is today. Up to now there has been very little consideration by the curia and people 'at the top' about family life and marriage. The kind of regulations that have been part of the Church rules over the past years have made life very hard for many families. Some have just left the Church in desperation because regulations about birth control in particular have been too difficult and problematic for people to follow. It is easy for people who are not married - especially men - to make regulations and expect people to comply...this is just not even human! I know from my time out in India working in education and my contact with families just how hard life is - without making it even more difficult with regulations against birth control in an area where having too many children is just too much of a drain on finances which they need just for basic cover for everyday life. Also I have been in touch with families both here and abroad who have problems with divorce and remarriage...not being allowed to take communion just adds to the difficulties they have already experienced in some very traumatic experiences when a marriage has broken down. There must be some real debate and new thinking about many of these questions - it is easy to make rules for other people - but that just shows a complete lack of understanding of a sometimes very hard experience. I just hope that families will be involved in this synod - especially women - so that a wide sense of understanding and a proper conclusion of reality can be brought forth for the good future of our Church! 
Joseph
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Tell us why you are here 2014/03/06 08:46:15 (permalink)
I am here because I believe that the Church is making a terrible mistake in not ordaining women. I have had experience of ordained women in the Anglican Church and was very impressed with the way that the conducted a baptism and a wedding that I attended. They had great sensitivity.

The fact that the early Church did not keep to the Twelve Apostles shows that this was not important so the argument that Jesus only ordained twelve men does not hold any importance

Re: Tell us why you are here 2014/11/12 10:16:11 (permalink)
I am here because I hope for a far more democratic Church and want to play my part in a critical look at Church life. It is good that the Pope has called the Synod on the Family and that the Bishops have been invited to be honest in their debate, but I want to see this openness being exercised at all levels of the Church life. Every Diocese should have a system for consultation such as a Diocesan Pastoral Council and every Parish should have a Parish Council. However they must have some executive power and not just be consultative and then ignored.
Re: RE: Tell us why you are here 2014/11/24 00:14:02 (permalink)
i hope they never allow women priests  in the Roman Catholic church. and they never allow people to dictate what they want in place of God's Will. Become NUN'S .  
Page: << < ..76777879 > Showing page 78 of 79 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
  Enter the random characters shown
Submit Post
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research