Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Catholic school

Author
  • Total Posts : 14705
  • Reward points : 0
2014/06/17 18:45:12 (permalink)

Catholic school

As a very young child in Catholic school I used to recite "Glory be to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost". I couldn't help wondering where the Mother was: surely, if I am to glorify the Father, then glorify the Mother! I thought, maybe the mysterious Holy Ghost was, in some way, Mother. As I grew older I decided to resolve the matter and asked my school priest. He was a good guy, and told me that God had chosen to reveal the Godhead as Male, but he could not give me a satisfactory reason why, and with some humor considered me a "trouble-maker". In my late teens, as I looked at the world, and thought about wars and killing, it seemed to me that male biology promoted war more than female, and male was , and still is, vastly dominant in positions of authority. More women in authority would restore balance with less killing, a good and Christian thing. Now, as a retiree, I look at the history of Religion and killing seems to be a sad component ( Religious wars). Maybe, as a child, I was right. Maybe the the recitation I recited was meant to be "Glory be to the Father and to the Mother, and to the Son, a union in the Holy spirit. The Son, Jesus, a deeply individuated (Jung) and Divine person. Oh Dear, but then I would be a Heretic. No matter, Jesus, to many in his time, was a Heretic too.

Andrew 

0 Replies Related Threads

Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
      Enter the random characters shown
    Submit Post
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research