Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Women Clergy

Author
  • Total Posts : 14705
  • Reward points : 0
2014/07/25 05:59:54 (permalink)

Women Clergy

I just want to say, I support Women Clergy in the Church (and a lengthly analysis has forced me to accept that there is no theological grounds that block women from the Sacrament of Orders) I'm Anglican (Anglo Catholic) I'm not so sure if the Roman Church were to allow this move it would be catastrophic and the evidence for it is the very words you say. Women as clergy should not even come near implying a change of teaching in the Church. I'm not Roman Catholic now but I once was your conception of Church authority redefines it in the Roman sense, and challenges Apostolic Teaching which is unchangeable. The fact that you support contraception is quite disturbing (the Bible is clear, contraception is forbidden)
And you putting phrases referring to the Eucharist you put Sacred objects in inverted commas which would worry any Traditionalist and rightfully so. There is no reason why women clergy should change the teaching of the Church and this is what I'm advocating for in the Anglican Church
If your movement would affirm every single aspect of Catholic Apostolic Tradition it won't be problematic, the very thing you ask from the Roman Church will cause the same catasrophe as you see in the Anglican Church (the "mainstream" of which ignores scripture in favour of popular public opinion and seeks to reinterpret scripture by such criteria) and the contradiction is obvious, takes same sex marriage, obviously condemned by Scripture and Tradition, and reason in light of which cannot logically support it)
I advise you in nice words it's my sincere hope, avoid what Roman Catholic Traditionalists call "modernist" trap.
God bless!

0 Replies Related Threads

Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
      Enter the random characters shown
    Submit Post
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research