Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions

Author
Sergius
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Reward points : 0
2015/05/08 12:18:03 (permalink)

Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions

The Catholic "Holy Year of Mercy" runs from Dec. 8 through Nov. 20, 2016, and will allow specially appointed priests "the authority to pardon even those sins reserved to the Holy See."

The special year will also mark several individual jubilee days, such as for the Roman Curia, catechists, teenagers and prisoners.

Archbishop Fisichella clarified in an interview with Italian news agency ANSA that priests will also be able to offer absolution not only to women who've had abortions, but also to the doctors that performed them.
 The Daily Mail reported that the Vatican has previously faced criticism from the United Nations for excommunicating the mother and doctor of a 9-year-old girl in Brazil who underwent an abortion in 2009 after she was raped by her stepfather and became pregnant with twins.

Italian Cardinal Velasio De Paolis, who has published a book alongside four other cardinals called Remaining In The Truth Of Christ, which defends marriage and Catholic tradition, insisted that the Catholic stance against abortion will not waver, however.

De Paolis said: "Regardless of this decision by the Pope, the Church will continue to consider abortion a sin. I hope it does not cause confusion."

Francis has affirmed on a number of occasions his opposition to abortion, a well as to euthanasia, stem-cell research, and other attempts to end life.

Back in November 2014, the pontiff dismissed the notion that abortion is good for women, or that euthanasia is "an act of dignity," or "a scientific breakthrough to 'produce' a child (who is) considered a right instead of accepted as a gift." Francis also denounced "(the) use of human life as laboratory mice supposedly to save others."
The Vatican has set up an official Jubilee of mercy website which talks more about the tradition and the planned events.
"I have decided to announce an Extraordinary Jubilee which has at its centre the mercy of God. It will be a Holy Year of Mercy. We want to live in the light of the Word of the Lord: 'Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful' (Luke 6:36). And this especially applies to confessors! So much mercy!" Francis said when announcing the Holy Year.

5 Replies Related Threads

• Total Posts : 14706
    Re: Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions 2015/05/11 16:06:32 (permalink)
    Although I agree about the value of every conceived child in the womb I can think of times when to preserve the life of the mother which is a reality rather than a potential life, then an abortion is  morally right. Why would such a mother ever need to go to confession if this was the right thing according to her conscience and why in heavens name would she have to wait for some person in Rome to give her permission to have absolution?
    Re: Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions 2015/05/19 19:02:18 (permalink)
    i think its a joke to allow people who murder children to be forgiven if the do not repent . its whats right to God not your conscience there are a lot of idiots on this site they should be dealt with by Rome . 
    nijjhar
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions 2015/06/17 00:19:01 (permalink)
    Hi Brethren,

What is born of flesh, the natural father, is flesh and what is born of Spirit is the spirit of our Supernatural Father God within our hearts? Secular Kings ask for taxes whilst our Royal King Pays us in Gospel currency Free. I Moses, people had hereditory Priests whilst in our Royal Father God, we are his Royal Priests, who do not take but give to people or men of spirit FREE.

So, in our supernatural Father, gender of flesh does not count but our spirit within our own hearts, which is Royal Priest.

nijjhar
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions 2015/06/17 00:23:05 (permalink)
    Bro. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.,
    Retired Sen. Lecturer in Metallurgy,
    OXFORD GNOSTIC FELLOWSHIP,
    Concept of once and twice born:-
    Holy spirit = common sense = seed of our Father planted in the hearts.
    Holy Spirit = Extra Ordinary Sense = Gift of our Supernatural Father.
    I add one or two Youtube Videos almost everyday; over 4500 Videos in January, 2015  channel nijjhar1.

Bro. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.,
    Once and twice born:-
    I add one or two Youtube Videos almost everyday; over 4500 Videos in January, 2015  channel nijjhar1.
    Re: Pope Francis Allows Priests to Pardon Women and Doctors Who've Performed Abortions 2015/07/30 21:16:19 (permalink)
    During my twenty-five years of teaching in Catholic seminaries, my uneasiness regarding the issue of abortion never went away. Reading right-wing Catholic pamphlets, I was alerted to “the alarming growth of the abortion industry” and to the unsavory hints that American public life was on the slippery slope toward sanctioning sterilization of the unfit and elimination of the unproductive.  My wake-up call came, however, when I became an uncover agent within Planned Parenthood. Here, then, is where my story must begin.

Training with Planned Parenthood

In the early 70s, when the abortion frenzy was first taking shape within sectors of my Church, I decided, as a committed Christian, that talk was cheap and that it was time for me to take action. Having been trained in Catholic Action, I decided to infiltrate the system and to produce change from the inside. In my mind, the Planned Parenthood Federation was the archvillain. I saw this group as responsible for promoting cheap and easy abortions as part of their women’s rights agenda. Hence, by way of bringing a religious leaven to this group, I decided to act as a volunteer abortion counselor within the very structures where women were flocking to decide the future of the life in their wombs.  [For complete narrative=http://www.churchonfire.net/?page_id=240]

Fraternally,
    Prof. Aaron Milavec
    Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
      Enter the random characters shown
    Submit Post
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research