Women Can Be Priests
Reply to post

Hot!Peter Kreeft

Page: << < ..3132333435 Showing page 35 of 35 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
  • Total Posts : 14700
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Peter Kreeft 2008/07/23 19:33:23 (permalink)
When Jesus said to Peter, 'Get behind me Satan,' he challenged Peter. But he did not end his friendship with Peter.
RE: Peter Kreeft 2008/07/23 20:45:28 (permalink)
Excommunication tactixts do not come from God or Jesus.  Jesus encourages dialogue, questioning, thoughtful inquiry, doubt and reassessment of rules and traditions that do not honor love, compassion, justice and mercy.  Forgive seventy times seventy and then more, drive no one away, all are children of God.  Jesus remained friends with Peter yet he knew him.  Jesus did not excommunicate him or any woman, not the much married Samaritan woman, not the woman of the city, not the hemorraging woman, not the SyrioPhoenician gentile, not the adultress.  No excommunication.  So what the Pope and his bishops, archbishops, cardinals are doing silencing dialogue, inquiry and exommunicating are not from Jesus or God.
RE: Peter Kreeft 2008/07/23 21:14:04 (permalink)
this Peter Kreeft guy seems to be antoher person who sees things in only black or white.

what happened to all of the rest of us?
RE: Peter Kreeft 2008/07/24 02:28:55 (permalink)
Peter Kreeft is blind to the sin of sexism. As a matter of fact he considers sexism to be a natural state of the human heart. He does not see the harm caused by discrimination against women in the Church. He dwells on minutia, misinterprets metaphors, and twists meanings to justify his contorted view of God. He does not see the big picture in the importance of doing God’s will by bringing equality and justice to the world.

Not only can Peter Kreeft not see the forest for the trees. He can’t even see the trees.
RE: Peter Kreeft 2008/08/06 13:46:43 (permalink)
It is kind of scary how easily people buy into the demonization of women.

Why do people lap this Peter Kreeft stuff up like they do?
Re: RE: Peter Kreeft 2016/04/28 00:16:31 (permalink)
IF our Lord had desired that women should serve as priestesses, surely His mother would have been made a priest.  But neither she nor the other Marys were priests.  Notwithstanding a few Gnostic anomalies, and Hiberian legends,  the vast bulk of Church Tradition has declared that only men may be priests.  In my opinion, women pant after the power of men in all sorts of realms,  because we have forgotten the strength and effectiveness of our own kind of power. 

ACVH
Re: RE: Peter Kreeft 2016/05/08 00:36:07 (permalink)
Well Peter Kreeft is obviously a man. He can only see the masculine in God. And God of course cannot be both a masculine and feminine spirit because?

But God is both masculine and feminine. That is part of encompassing both male and female.

Every part of my feminine soul is also part of God. I am in God and God is in me. God is Love. Love is both masculine and feminine. God is both masculine and feminine, both Father and Mother.

For proof of this is just look at your mothers. Every beautiful aspect of motherhood is feminine. It is emulation of the feminine spirit of God. Mothers sacrifice their lives for their children. Mothers not only nurture their children, they give them courage when they are afraid, hope when they are in despair, encouragement when they are discouraged. When everything seems to be going wrong, mothers are the ones who are always there for you. They pick you up when you fall and provide a safe haven in life’s storms.

For every mother who has sacrificed for her family and her children and for every woman who has dedicated her life to make the world a better place, you honor the feminine in God. May God bless you.

Happy Mothers Day.
Re: RE: Peter Kreeft 2016/05/19 01:15:11 (permalink)
CCC 370 "In no way is God in man's image. He is neither man nor woman. God is pure spirit in which there is no place for the difference between the sexes. But the respective "perfections" of man and woman reflect something of the infinite perfection of God: those of a mother and those of a father and husband."

C.F. CCC 42 "God transcends all creatures. We must therefore continually purify our language of everything in it that is limited, image-bound or imperfect, if we are not to confuse our image of God--"the inexpressible, the incomprehensible, the invisible, the ungraspable"--with our human representations.16 Our human words always fall short of the mystery of God."

2780 We can invoke God as "Father" because he is revealed to us by his Son become man and because his Spirit makes him known to us.

CCC 240 "Jesus revealed that God is Father in an unheard-of sense: he is Father not only in being Creator; he is eternally Father in relation to his only Son, who is eternally Son only in relation to his Father: "No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."64

In response to the previous comment (just as the CCC indicates), while God does encompass the perfections of both man and women -and indeed all created things c.f. ST Ia Q.4, a.2- Jesus revealed God the Father to us precisely as that - Father. As CCC 42 points out, while 'Father' is not the perfect description or the all encompassing description of God, it's what was given to us.
Re: RE: Peter Kreeft 2016/05/30 15:58:33 (permalink)
"In response to the previous comment (just as the CCC indicates), while God does encompass the perfections of both man and women -and indeed all created things c.f. ST Ia Q.4, a.2- Jesus revealed God the Father to us precisely as that - Father. As CCC 42 points out, while 'Father' is not the perfect description or the all encompassing description of God, it's what was given to us."

The point is that regardless of the relationship that Christ had with the first person of the Trinity, God is NOT to be considered only a masculine spirit as defined by Peter Kreeft.

Male and Female are made in God's image. Both may be priests. Anything less is discrimination. God 9the spirit of perfection) would not discriminate based on gender but man would.
Re: Peter Kreeft 2016/07/17 14:24:43 (permalink)
Please listen to the following. If you do not, please do not partake in this conversation, because you will have no idea what we are talking about.

http://www.peterkreeft.com/audio/09_priestesses.htm

This is Peter Kreeft. It is a talk about why the Church teaches that women should not be priests.

Why there should be women be ordained as priests, or bishops?
I am against women priests. I am myself a woman.
You all can better look what the Bible says about it.
I don't like the actions of men and women to try to realise in future the possibility of women priests.
We have to look at the person at Mary, the Mother of Jesus. She didn't became a priest, Mary Magdalene neither became a priest.
By the way, women are not the same as men and men are not the same as women.
Re: Peter Kreeft 2016/07/17 14:54:49 (permalink)
@Peter Kreeft,
It really has nothing to do with discrimination that women cannot be priests.
Again I say this is as woman. Why you are that focussed that women must become a priest?
My name is Marian.
Re: Peter Kreeft 2016/10/12 01:31:57 (permalink)
@Peter Kreeft,
It really has nothing to do with discrimination that women cannot be priests.
Again I say this is as woman. Why you are that focussed that women must become a priest?
My name is Marian.

Denying ordination to women is discrimination pure and simple. Men do not share authority unless they are forced. No one is forcing them to behave like a true Christian men, so they do not.

I am also a woman and a Catholic. I have lived long enough to see through the deception.
Apparently inferior status is fine to impose upon women still. And what is so distressing is that women accept this demeaning treatment for themselves and their daughters.

This discrimination against women by Churches and religion (including Catholics) is not right.
It was never right.
It will never be right.  

Re: Peter Kreeft 2016/10/21 23:43:38 (permalink)
For many devout Roman Catholics, the principal power that is reserved to male priests is the consecration of bread and wine in order to make Jesus Christ physically present in all His humanity and divinity for all on Earth. It is worth reflecting on the first moment that Christ became really truly and substantially present on Earth. This was of course at the annunciation. There was confirmation at the time Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth. It is an article of faith that no male had any part in this reality. Neither Cannon 1024 nor any rule of any pope or college of  prelates can in any way detract from this fact. Reason will eventually prevail over culture. I hope it happens while I am still living on Earth.
Re: Peter Kreeft 2016/11/08 05:29:49 (permalink)
I need to start this conversation by saying I am not Catholic, but I support women becoming priests. For three years, I have been researching the origins of Christianity, who the early "Church Fathers" were, and the mechanics of how the Bible canon was selected--and the political realities of the compilation of the Bible under Roman rule. After bouts of disbelief and sadness, I have retained my faith in God and in Jesus as His Son. However, all Christians religions need to understand everyone now has access to what I have learned--and dogma, and tradition for the sake of tradition, is no longer is acceptable to many people. In researching the OT, I learned of the original Temple, and Lady Wisdom, and how she was written out of history under King Josiah's rule, and given a few brief references in the canon--often symbolized as a tree. In a sociological analysis of major world religions, one must note those that seize power aim to keep it--and no one should expect they are going to willingly surrender one bit of it. It is time for Catholic women to blaze a new trail--and develop their own schools to educate, and then ordain, women priests.
Page: << < ..3132333435 Showing page 35 of 35 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)
  Enter the random characters shown
Submit Post
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Trial Version 4.6

This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research

Visitors to www.womenpriests.org since 11 January 2014

Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research